Search

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Three Snatched Teens Free After Decade in Captivity

Watch this video

Amanda Berry's emotional call to 911

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Editor's note: For more on this story, check out coverage on CNN affiliates
Cleveland (CNN) -- Three women freed from a decade of captivity inside a Cleveland home celebrated in the arms of their families Tuesday, as police and the FBI worked to unravel the details of their abductions.
Amanda Berry, Georgina "Gina" DeJesus and Michele Knight were freed Monday night after Berry attracted the attention of a neighbor who helped her escape. A 6-year-old girl that police said is believed to be Berry's daughter was also freed.
"Help me, I am Amanda Berry," the young woman told police in a frantic 911 call from the neighbor's house. "I've been kidnapped, and I've been missing for 10 years. And I'm here, I'm free now."
A man who lived at the house, 52-year-old former school bus driver Ariel Castro, and his two brothers have been arrested and are jailed pending charges in the case, police said Tuesday.

                                                          Culled from CNN
Post a Comment