Four Nigerian teenage girls - Duro-Aina Adebola (14), Akindele Abiola (14), Faleke Oluwatoyin (14) and Bello Eniola (15) have created something truly incredible, even if it's a little dangerous..:-).
The girls invented a urine powered generator which was showcased at this year's Maker Faire Africa held in Lagos a few days back. Continue to see how it works....
- Urine is put into an electrolytic cell, which separates out the hydrogen.
- The hydrogen goes into a water filter for purification, which then gets pushed into the gas cylinder.
- The gas cylinder pushes hydrogen into a cylinder of liquid borax, which is used to remove the moisture from the hydrogen gas.
- This purified hydrogen gas is pushed into the generator.
- 1 Liter of urine gives you 6 hours of electricity. Adapted from www.lindaikeji.blogspot.com